Are you curious about what Autodesigner is, how to access it, or how to use it? You've come to the right place!
Autodesigner harnesses the power of Artificial Intelligence to generate multi-screen mockups for apps and websites from a simple text prompt. How's that for magic? 🔮
What is Autodesigner?
Introducing Autodesigner - the newest AI design tool from Uizard that empowers you to create multi-screen mockups effortlessly by typing out your project ideas in plain English.
Think of Autodesigner as the ChatGPT of UI/UX design! With just a few basic sentences, this innovative tool uses AI to generate your app or web design in seconds.
Let Autodesigner take your design process to the next level as fast as you can say abracadabra ✨
Best use cases for Autodesigner
Autodesigner is a very powerful tool to get started with your design ideas! Have you been wondering what some of the best use cases are? Have a look down below 👇
Go from abstract idea to multi-screen prototype
Overcome the "Blank Page" syndrome
Speed up ideation instantly with colleagues and clients
Generate a custom starting point for your project
2) Workshops 🤝
Great for design sprints between designers and nondesigners to collaborate on ideas rather than specifically UX/UI
Prompt different projects with the group and change them to suit your design needs and style
Autodesigner is easy and fast to use! We'll walk you through the ins and outs of how to start taking the first steps of going from an idea to a design with Autodesigner.
Take a look at our full walkthrough video above where our CEO Tony shows you how it's done, or find the steps below on how you can get started right away with Autodesigner:
1) Log into your Uizard account and A) "Generate with Autodesigner" from the Start creating section, B) Click "Projects," or C) Click "Templates":
2) If you clicked "Projects" or "Templates" to begin, you'll have to click "Generate with Autodesigner":
3) Choose which device you would like to have your design made for:
4) Type in your project idea or click "Try example" if you're not sure and you just want to test it out:
5) Describe a design style that fits your app or website design vision, or "Try example" can generate one for you:
6) Click any tags that you think would fit your vision:
7) Click "Generate my project" and wait for the magic to happen!
8) Take a look at what came to life from your prompt! 🌟
Regenerating a design
Once you've generated a design, you can easily regenerate it if you're unhappy with what you've gotten.
As soon as you've generated a design, a dialogue box will pop up. You can click "Regenerate design" to do so. Please see below:
You can also click "Generate another" if you want to use a different prompt!
Please be aware that if you close this dialogue box, you'll have to make a new project with Autodesigner with the same prompt to be able to regenerate it 👍
Describing a project
Writing a prompt for Autodesigner should be creative and fun, but we understand that it may be challenging at times. That's why we're here to help you with the ingredients for the magic potion of success when writing your prompt! 📜
1) Specify whether you want an app (or web app in desktop) or website to avoid surprises 🌐
If you want an app:
✅ - "A web app to track invoices"
🚫 - "A website to track invoices"
If you want a website:
✅ - "A website to order food"
🚫 - "An app to order food (Desktop)"
2) Add some specifics, for example:
✅ - "A landing page for a design tool SaaS"
✅ - "A grocery ordering app"
✅ - "An invoice tracking website"
🚫 - "Design tool website"
3) Let Autodesigner work its magic! Don't be too controlling and leave room for creativity. 🧙 Autodesigner usually won't follow strict guidelines, such as the number of screens, specific flows, or placement of components:
✅ - "A landing page for a design tool"
🚫 - "A landing page for a design tool with a big title centered in the screen that says" “The best design tool”, with a glowing button that says signup (…)"
4) Focus on your design end goal, not specific screens and flows as this could lead to inconsistent behavior. Autodesigner is designed to create simple flows from your idea💡
✅ - "Dating app for people with magical powers"
🚫 - "A signup flow with login, signup, and onboarding screens."
5) Are you still having trouble? No worries! You can click "Try example" and Autodesigner will give you some prompts to test out first:
With these tips, you'll be well on your way to creating a visually stunning design with Autodesigner in no time! 🚀
Describing a design style
Thinking of inspiration and keywords when writing your prompt is half the fun! Draw inspiration from other companies, colors, and adjectives 🎨
Here are some tips to get the best results when using tags and text in your design style prompt:
1) Come up with the initial thoughts of what you want your app or website design to look like!
2) Use tags as much as possible:
✅ - Young, Light, Modern
🚫 - Avoid selecting conflicting tags (e.g. Light and Dark).
3) These are some things you can try when using free text:
Try adding extra adjectives: (e.g. gloomy, serious, fresh, chill)
Mention big companies' styles (e.g. Airbnb, Facebook, Netflix, Microsoft, etc.)
Use colors (e.g. pink, red, blue)
Mention specific styles (e.g. without borders, rounded, with shadows)
Use nouns commonly associated with a color (e.g. sky, avocado, plant).
4) Here are some examples of good prompts:
✅ - "Gloomy and red"
✅ - "Rounded with sunset color"
✅ - "Like Airbnb with eggplant color"
✅ - "Google but more corporate"
We can't wait to see what you come up with and how your design will look 🤩
Generating additional pages
You can iterate on existing designs by adding additional pages to your pre-existing projects with Autodesigner!
Here's how you can add additional pages:
1) Click on the 'How can I help you' prompt at the bottom of your screen:
2) Click on the first drop-down in this menu and select 'Generate Screens':
3) Make sure to select what kind of device screen you'd like it generated on in the second drop-down menu:
4) Type in your prompt and then click 'Generate' or if you're unsure, you can use 'Try example':
5) Once it's generated, you will have a few screens to choose from. Use the side arrows to take a look at the other screens and once you find one you like, click 'Use screen':
*Please note that if you'd like to use the other screens as well, you can always open the 'How can I help you' menu back up to choose another screen to use.
Additionally, with mobile generation only it gives you more control over the pages you create! You can add details such as placement of components, including sections, titles and descriptions, a list of articles, and more!
Do you have more questions about Autodesigner? We're happy to provide you with all of the answers!
Take a look below and see if we can get your question answered 🌟
Does Autodesigner support prompts in other languages?
We're not optimizing for this and other languages are not officially supported, but you're welcome to try and generate a design in other languages! Please keep in mind results may vary. You can try:
Writing your prompt in another language.
Asking Autodesigner to write the content in other languages.
For example, "A news app where all the news is in Arabic."
While it may not yield perfect results, you're welcome to try and see what it generates! 😊
Is there a way to look back at the prompt I used?
You will be able to see your most recent prompt by returning to the Autodesigner generation screen.
Your previous prompt will still be there.
Can I use Autodesigner to change/update an already-generated design?
Unfortunately, it's not currently available on our platform.
However, we want to assure you that we are actively working on improving our platform to better serve our users, and we have received similar requests before. So, it's definitely something we're considering for the future.
Does having a Pro account grant me instant access to Autodesigner?
Yes, you should have access to Autodesigner as long as you have a Pro, Business, or Enterprise subscription!
Is there a trial for Autodesigner?
At this time, there is not a trial specifically for Autodesigner. Autodesigner is a Pro-only feature; however, there is a way that you can test out our Pro features using our Referral Program.
Can I see how many Autodesigner generations I have left for the month?
There isn't a place on your account where you can look at how many generations you've done or have left. However, we're always working on improvements!