In this guide, we'll cover the fundamentals of multiple components alignment, as well as, various distribution, and positioning options.
It might sound like sophisticated design features, however, everything in Uizard is adapted for non-designers usage. Therefore, this guide is a great reading for everyone, starting from first-time Uizard users and ending with the most experienced Uizards! 💪
How do I set alignments for multiple components?
1) Select the components you want to adjust the alignments for;
2) Choose your desired alignment on the upper-right-hand portion of the screen. The alignments are set relative to the selected components:
How do I set the distribution of multiple components?
1) Select the components, which you want to distribute;
2) Choose your desired distribution on the upper-right-hand portion of the screen.
The distribution is set relative to the selected components:
Why I cannot click on alignment and distributions?
Most likely, that's because you haven't selected multiple components! 😊
The option for alignments and distributions on the upper-right-hand side of the screen is meant for alignments and distributions between multiple components, relative to each other. For that reason, you need to select multiple components to activate this functionality 🚀
How do I move a component backwards or forwards, or back or front?
1) Select the component you'd like to move;
2) Click 'Backward' or 'Forward' on the upper-right-hand portion of the screen, or right-click while the component is selected and choose 'Move backwards' or 'Move forwards'.
This moves the chosen component one level in front or behind from its current position:
How do I show or hide snapping guidelines?
1) Click on the 'Settings’ icon:
2) Choose whether you want to show/hide snapping guidelines: